Wednesday 21 August 2013

Spinners promoted to Pro 2013

With SYYC 2013 recently over, we have determined the Spinners that are moving on to Pro for the 2013/2014 contest season.

After looking and tallying the results, only one name managed to make it through to the Pro division, and it is none other than …

Ian Loh


Ian has only been playing for about 2 years, and has improved tremendously since we first saw him spinning. At the recent SYYC, we did expect Ian to do well in his favored 1A division. Little did we know that Ian had a big surprise in store for all of us. Not only did Ian do well in the 1A division, taking home the Gold medal, he continued to excel in each and every division, taking the Gold for 2A, 4A and 5A, every division possible!

We were able to have a little chat with Ian and here is what he had to say about his promotion to Pro.

Spinworkx Crew: Hi Ian, congrats on the multiple Spinner division titles, and being the only Spinner this year to be promoted to the Pro division. How do you feel about winning every Spinner division possible?

Ian Loh: I felt very happy that all my hardwork paid off because I had practiced a lot before SYYC. Although I do play all the divisions from time to time, I feel that perhaps I should concentrate on stick to just 1 or 2 divisions.

Spinworkx Crew: So leading up to SYYC, how long did you practice each day?

Ian Loh: Well, I started practicing a month before SYYC for my 1 minute freestyles. I practice about 2 hours a day proper, but at times I would just fool around with tricks and do random Lacerations and Combos.

Spinworkx Crew: But that is for your 1A tricks right? What about for 2A, 4A and 5A?

Ian Loh: For my 2A/3A and 4A 1 minute freestyles, i practiced a week before SYYC for about an hour each day. But for my 5A, i practiced 2 weeks before for about half an hour each day only.

Spinworkx Crew: With all the practice, were you confident in doing well for all 4 divisions?

Ian Loh: I was actually expecting a 2nd or 3rd place finish for 1A because of the strong competition and competitors. Players like Lester and Kendrick were definitely tough to beat. I did feel more confident for the other divisions though.

Spinworkx Crew: That's great! So now are you looking forward to the Pro Division and going up against the seasoned Pro players?

Ian Loh: I'm pretty excited for the up-coming EST in September, but I don't expect to get a high placing for both 2A/3A and 5A, but I will try my best!

Spinworkx Crew: Lastly, do you have any tips or advice for current Spinners?

Ian Loh: If you want to be the best, you need to practice A LOT and don't give up! Whenever you need help or advice with combos that you are stuck on, ask the guys hanging at Spinworkx and they will definitely help you out. Never give up and continue spinning! :)

Spinworkx Crew: That is great advice! All the best for the 2013/2014 contest season, Ian. Once again, congrats on making it to the Pro division, and go give the 'big boys' a run for their money!

Spinworkx would like to congratulate Ian Loh on his recent performance, and being promoted to Pro, at the Singapore Yo-Yo Championships 2013 and Asia Pacific Yo-Yo Championships 2013. Well done, Ian!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Elf Coupons