Saturday 1 August 2009

Spinworkx Yoyo Review: YoyoJam Lyn Fury - Five Years of Fury

Back in 2004, I was standing at the front entrance of the World Yo-Yo Contest in Florida waiting for Duncan Crew Singapore legend Hans when Glasseye, leader of the infamous DXL Crew, walked up to me and slipped something into my hand.

"Congratulations..." he said, "...welcome aboard"

Those were the words any kid would dream to hear! DXL? For REAL?!?!?! I was overjoyed, and glad to be part of a team that is made up of some of the best players in the world.

As the great leader turns and slowly walks away to meet up with the others in the crowd, I lifted my hand to see the yo-yo that he had given me.

[caption id="attachment_962" align="aligncenter" width="400" caption="YoyoJam Lyn Fury - DXL Edition"]YoyoJam Lyn Fury - DXL Edition[/caption]

"A Lyn Fury? Why...isn't this the full plastic version of the Hitman?" I thought to myself.

I gave the yo-yo a spin, and in an instant, my eyes lit up.

"OMG! THIS IS AMAZING!"

------------------------


Slap, Smack, and Zip back to the present. It's been 5 years since the Lyn Fury made its debut, and although most yo-yos which last in the market this long would be considered "Old and Outdated", this SGD$25 yo-yo was what Takeshi Matsuura used on stage during the 2008 World Yo-Yo Contest to win the Gold Medal for the 5A category.


Today, we look closer at the Lyn Fury, one of the best plastics in the market which fetches a price that rivals almost all high end plastic yo-yos in the market right now.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Elf Coupons